Wednesday, January 22

Illustrated Book Quotations

I've recently completed a set of illustrated quotations that I have been working on for well over a year now. I originally started making them to enter them into a competition but it didn't take me long to realise that I had been a bit overly ambitious in my ideas... and here we are quite a number of months later with them finally done!
I really enjoy reading, and I often write down any book quotations I particularly like. I have always wanted to make something that incorporates some of my favorite quotations and so this project was I suppose a chance to experiment and see if I could make something that could live up to these quotations. The final pieces have not turned out how I expected... but overall I'm quite pleased with the result - as hand lettering (physically or in Illustrator) is not a speciality of mine!
So here are the final pieces - alongside their original sketch:






I've ordered a few to sell as greetings cards and I'm thinking of maybe selling some as A4 prints?
I have a lot more quotes I'd like to illustrate, so I do hope to make more of these in the future, but maybe go a bit more simple with my ideas! I love me some books.

I've also added this project to my website if anyone would like to take a peek: Book Quotations on Nafftastic Website

No comments:

Post a Comment