Sunday, April 29

HTML & CSS

Hello! I thought I'd take a little time to plug this book I bought recently called: 'HTML & CSS' by Jon Duckett.


I bought it to help me design a new website (either on my own or through something like WordPress). Its an immaculately designed instruction manual to teach others how to implement HTML and CSS. Check out some of the clear but engaging spreads here:





I have been working through it over this weekend and have found it really easy and fun to read! A lot of these instruction books can be pure text and can turn into a bit of a nightmare to read and understand. But this books explains the code in little nuggets, with accompanying on screen examples. I've found it very enjoyable to go through!


So far I am learning about HTML, which I knew a couple of the basics about already - although I haven't used HTML in many years now! And I've already learnt a whole new bunch of stuff over a few hours! (Like how to make tables, how to optimise images for the web, how to makes forms etc etc!) I'm looking forward to learning about CSS, as I've never tinkered with that language before and it'll be really useful to know!

The book also has an accompanying website that lets you have a look at the book before you purchase, or even check out all the code that is used throughout it!
You can check out the website here: HTML & CSS: Design and Build Websites

Anyways, thats enough of my waffling, I recommend this book a lot! Its been pretty darn cool so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment