Sunday, October 4

Filmio

This weekend seems to have consisted of Cover Letter writing and film watching....and eating. Man, I need to get me a more exciting life. Oh wello.
I went to see The Invention of Lying on Frido with Andrew, and was not amused. I mean. BLERGH. It was bad. Oh so bad. Usually I warm to a film after a day or so, but no. This was just awful. Ricky Gervais just shouldn't ever be given a serious role in a film...because its just foolishness. Just the whole stupid religious thing thrown in with it as well was pretty much insulting to everybody's intellgence...it was so obvious and predictable it made me well, just drained. So drained in fact that I can't continue moaning about it.

Anyway, then on Saturday I watched my lovely taped Gilmore Girls, because I'm starting to enjoy it, which scares me, but I may as well go with it as theres nothing else on at 10 in the morning. Anyhoo, later on I watched this anime that I bought ages ago for a fiver called Paprika. Which turned out to be quite okay, and was as freakish as I expected it to be (I haven't watched anime in a while you see, I wasn't sure if I'd just be taken over by a tidal wave of FREAKISHNESS), but it was good. I liked Tokita, despite the fact that he kinda made me feel ill when he was eating and they did a back view of him and you could see all that neck fat protruding out there...but apart from that, he was AOKAY!



Theeeen, I watched Highlander, due to us having taped it and my mother saying she really liked it.
It was alright. Not as good as I was expecting. It made me laugh more than anything else. The licking of a priests hand sort of shocked me more than I thought I would of been shocked by such an act. Sean Connery was good! Although I'm not sure if I was not just entranced by his amazing outfit. But yeah, it was okay. I find that if I keep looking to see when a film is going to end, then I'm not really enjoying it a whole lot. So yeah.

And so today I finally watched Juno, and I thought I would be overwhelmed by the home made INDIE-ness of it all, but no, it was tolerable and I enjoyed it. I still like Michael Cera, despite me suspecting hes a big headed gimp. And Jason Bateman's character made me sad, but I'm happy that hes popping up in more films now! Yay for Bateman! And the lead girl character person...if I'd met her in real life, I think I'd want to punch her...if she wasn't pregnant. So maybe flick her ear several hundred times or something. But yeah, I'd say Paprika/Juno were the favourite films of the weekend! Huzzah! And thats the end of Claire's uneventful 2 day thing that people do every week. I'm tired. And I can't get Paprika music out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment