Tuesday, March 20

Gemma Correll

Hey ho! Just a short post for me to gush about one of my new favourite illustrators!

I discovered Gemma Correll whilst I was loitering in Paperchase a couple of months ago now.


Correll's greetings cards really stood out to me, having a cute, distinctive style, that were also genuinely funny! I would like to buy them just to put up on my wall. And I did contemplate this, but then I thought "Hang on a tick, I shall check out her website, and see her other work (and see if she sells special prints!)".

So I looked up www.gemmacorrell.com and was completely sucked in! How lovely is this work?




As I said, its a distinctive style, but as you can see Correll applies it in many different ways, showing that this illustrator ain't just a one-trick pony, and is flexible!



Correll also has an informed sense of colour (something which I crave)!

I love this girl's work, and I'm also not-so-secretly jealous of her! I hope one day I will be able to make such professional and quirky products or what not. Correll has definitely been a source of inspiration for me, and seeing her work has encouraged me to strive to do more illustrative/animation work in the future (particularly if I return to freelancing).

Gemma Correll also has some pretty dandy blogs that should totally be checked out:

Gemma Correll's Daily Diaries A cool little daily sketch illustrating Correll's day-to-day life!
Gemma Correll and her Merry Band of Misfits Correll's official blog space.
What I Wore Today A cool blog that invites anyone to share with others what they wore today through the medium of interpretive dance illustration.

So there ya go. My gushing is over. For now!

Don't forget to check out this awesome illustrators WEBSITE! Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment