Tuesday, July 23

Cornwall Drawings

Well it has been a while!
I've just come home from a lovely holiday down in the beautiful Cornwall. I attempted to do some sketching/painting whilst I was there, I'm not very confident when it comes to landscapes - I think due to my Year 4 teacher comparing my trees to lollipops. Tree-drawing skills shattered.
But I thought I'd give it a go! I used pencil, watercolours and watercolour pencils. (There are also a few continuous line drawings of my boyfriend in here - because continuous line drawings are fun!)

St. Michael's Mount - I added a dragon.
Continous line drawing of Andrew - its fun not to look at the paper while you draw.
A beach at St. Ives. (I liked St. Ives).
The lighthouse at Godrevy. Tried to paint a sunset very quickly, hence why my colours went a bit murky.
Trying to draw people at the beach. Didn't go too successfully.
A cliff at Prussia Cove. I kept forgetting which bit of craggy rock I'd just drawn.
A litte ramshackle house on the cliffs around Prussia Cove.
A more well-kept house at Prussia Cove.
Another continuous line drawing. I think this would have looked good if I hadn't misjudged the bottom half of the face.













I quite enjoyed drawing these landscapes. I know its not my forte, but it was nice to draw from life for a change. Plus Cornwall was quiet and polite, so you didn't get strangers staring or asking to see what you are drawing, which is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment