Saturday, March 1

General update

Hey ho, I've been busying myself lately and not had too much time to do many blog posts, so this is a quick summary of what I've been doing the past few weeks!

My hard drive failed whilst I was in the middle of re-vamping my portfolio just before Christmas, so I had a lot of kafuffle sorting that out (as well as a lot of tears of despair). I got all of my data recovered, (by a company called Data Clinic) and I was able to finish and print my updated portfolio! Hooray!

And now I'm working on making some Red Dwarf birthday cards (in the same vein as my Star Trek cards) and some traditional Lord of the Rings Christmas cards/prints (you can never plan too early)! So heres a couple of piccy wics:

I'm really excited about these cards because I love Red Dwarf, and I really like the messages that are going inside them. I'm aware Red Dwarf isn't particularly a big trend to make cards for, but I'm just a big fan and I figure there must be other fans out there who would appreciate a Red Dwarf card too.

I decided to illustrate 3 places in Middle-earth in a traditional wintery scene. I thought people quite like their traditional style of card at Christmas, so why not blend tradition with the world of Middle-earth? Depicting landscapes is definitely something I'm not used to doing, but I'm having a lot of fun trying it out! (Especially doing night time scenes as well)!

So after I've completed these two ideas I've got a list of others to be getting on with, so I'm sure I will be giving updates about them in the coming months as well.

I also bought a couple of books for myself recently, one being A Geek in Japan by Hector Garcia, which is just amazingly informative. It tells you all sorts about Japanese culture and traditions, such as their religion, history, family life, work ethic and much much more! I highly recommend it to anyone with a rather large fangirly (or boy-y) love of everything Japan.

And the next book being an Adventure Time graphic novel entitled Sugary Shorts Vol 1. Obviously it is awesome - what particularly drew me to this graphic novel (rather than the mathematical editions) was the variations of style used throughout the book, I love me a mix of styles so this book had to be bought. Plus, bright colours!

I've also been following Double Fine's Amnesia Fortnight, and I suggest you do too! Go Little Pink Best Buds! So want to see that turned into a full game!
Have also played Broken Age which is incredible, but shall not waffle on about that except to say that the visual stylings of it make me drool all over my computer.

So there we go! Update complete! Woo! Now to eat some ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment