Saturday, February 21

Helsinki trip - part 2

Ok, are we ready for a second (and final) dose of Helsinki waffling? Well, here we go:

I managed to find a book shop whilst in Helsinki called Rosebud Books and found some pretty interesting children's books! They looked so different from the usual fare we have in the UK I wanted to buy them all! But instead I settled for this one:

Taikalasi comes with a a sort of 3D magnifying glass...
So when you first look at a page it looks like this:
But when you use the 3D magnifying glass you can see hidden illustrations underneath...
Which just blew my tiny mind. Now don't get me wrong, I have seen this sort of technique before, but not employed in such a way - the book has a gorgeous design/aesthetic to it and you can really pore over all the details in it.
Taikalasi was created by Agathe Demois and Vincent Godeau.

I now have a few photos of Finnish sweets/food to show you. Now some of these I tried, some I just looked, and some just had hilarious names - hence why I looked like a sniggering nerd as I took pictures of them in Finnish supermarkets.

Ice cream sandwiches that sound so cute and were yummy!
We think these were liquorice ice creams.

Karl Fazer is a famous brand of chocolate in Finland - or so I gather as there was A LOT of it in the shops! And it was delicious - they had so many different varieties! Such as salted popcorn, raspberry yoghurt, chilli & crispies, apple & caramel - all very tasty! 

And finally I show you this very rugged-looking sandwich that was accompanied by a rather rugged-looking TV advert. It tasted pretty good. And rugged.

So there we go! Thats all the Helsinki photos I'm going bore people with! It was a great trip and I would recommend anyone to go - but maybe more in the spring/summer time when its warmer, but still, awesome place to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment