Sunday, February 17

Happy Belated Valentines Day!

I made a couple of Valentine's Day cards for my boyfriend this year, and I thought I would share them on here! Now as a rule, I'm not a fan of Valentines Day - its pretty much a money maker and a holiday to make all sorts of people feel a bit crappy. But I think its ok to make a little home-made card/gift for somebody you like, just to show you care...
So heres the first one I made, a Middle Earth-themed card!





And heres the original sketch for the idea:



I then made a second illustration, which was to fix to the back of the first, but I made a stupid miscalculation so the pieces wouldn't fit together! So this is just a second little jokey card I made to do with Gandalf and his love of baguettes. (Its sort of an in-joke - baguette sounds like Bag End...yeah, hard to explain!)




So there we go! Two little illustrations! I really enjoyed working on these, I used a new mini watercolour set I received for my birthday and quite liked the limitation of colour I forced myself to use! Plus, I just love Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit, so drawing myself and my boyfriend as little hobbits was awesome!

2 comments:

  1. awesome indeed!
    i love love loooove LOTR/The Hobbit too!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I may have to draw more LOTR stuff, as I enjoyed myself far too much doing these ones! I'm a LOTR nerd!

    ReplyDelete