Monday, March 11

Ernest and Celestine

Hey ho and konnichiwa, I am back from my travels in the land of Japan. But before I shove a truck load of photos in your face, I thought I'd do a quick little post to plug a lovely animation I viewed on the plane ride home!



Ernest & Celestine is an endearing story about a mouse and a bear; neither of their lives are going particularly well, and its through a number of small and (escalating into) large events that result in the unlikely pair befriending one another.
Based off the series of childrens books written by Gabrielle Vincent, the animation keeps the charm of the books with a soft and humourous drawing style. The picture is directed by Stephane Aubier, Vincent Patar and Benjamin Renner - two of whom also worked on the quirky 'A Town Called Panic'.



It would appear the film is no longer playing at cinemas in the UK, so you may have to wait for the DVD release to see this lovely little adventure. Fingers crossed that its out later on in the year, as I will be buying it myself!
But heres a little extract to whet your appetite!



No comments:

Post a Comment