Saturday, June 28

Paris, c'est quoi?

Whilst gallivanting around Paris earlier this month I came across a sweet children's book describing all of the sights to see and things to do in and around Paris. So obviously I bought it.




I thought the illustrative styles were lovely. A number of illustrators worked on this book and these were Benjamin Bécue, Pierre Caillou, Julien Castanié, Hélène Convert & Camille Roy.
Despite the variety of illustrators, all the pages and illustrations flow and work well together.

I really like all the simplified maps, and how busy but clear all the illustrations are.


The publisher of this book is Milan, and you can find this particular book on their website, where you'll also find a whole bunch of other lovely looking books they have published as well.

And now I need to learn French so I can actually read the book I own! I figure if I can learn French to the level I need to read this book, then that is pretty good going, and I could fare a bit better with the language next time I visit France!

No comments:

Post a Comment