Sunday, July 13

Utopia Series 2

To celebrate Utopia Series 2 starting tomorrow night on Channel 4 at 10pm, I've done some fairly average life drawings of the main cast. I thought it would be a good way to practice my drawing skills, as I don't draw many things in a realistic way any more; I found it rather therapeutic to do - even if each person doesn't look exactly how they are meant to... Practice makes perfect!


I used watercolour pencils for most of them, and then just a good old pencil for the others. I originally started doing this to set myself a little project in life drawing. I thought I would draw the characters from productions in which I really liked the soundtrack of. So I started with Utopia, as their soundtrack is pretty damn good and was composed by Cristobal Tapia de Veer.


I just really get a kick out of fantastic soundtracks, the melding of amazing visuals and the right musical track can really heighten the impact of a story. Next I'm hoping to draw characters (well, theres only really one character) from the film 'Under the Skin' - such a creepy and atmospheric score that goes perfectly with that film. If you haven't watched the film I seriously recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment