Wednesday, October 1

The Coffee Table Book of Doom

Whilst meandering through a cosy little book shop during my holidays in the Lake District the other week, I came across this book:


It is called 'The Coffee Table Book of Doom', and is written by Art Lester and illustrated by Steven Appleby.


I have come across Appleby's work in the past (during my uni days), but this is the first time I've really taken a good look at his work and I decided... that I liked it!


The humour, style and busy-ness of his work is something that appeals to me rather a lot.


The general subject matter of the book makes for some interesting reading, the depressing notion of the various methods in which the extinction of the human race could come about is uplifted by the author's down-to-earth, humourous approach and Appleby's light-hearted illustrations - reminding us not to take everything too seriously, life is short... no really, it is! Read this book and you'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment