Thursday, July 16

You Is Kind

Long time no see! Ta-da! I'm back after a prolonged hiatus!

I have been tinkering away with many things during my momentary lapse from the blogger-verse. But I shan't overwhelm with a gigantic binge of everything I've done, I shall go slow and steady! So don't recoil in fear just yet!

So firstly, during my time away I went on holiday to the great land of America! Wa-hoo! I saw DisneyWorld and everything, but thats for another blog post! Whilst lazing in the Florida sun, I managed to devour several books, one being 'The Help' by Kathryn Stockett. And I loved it. I'm pretty stubborn over things that are popular and go out of my annoying way not to sample them, but theres a reason things are popular and 'The Help' just blew my socks off.

So I came back from America knowing that I wanted to create a book quote print themed on 'The Help' and set to work doing just that:


I wanted to make a warm, homely print, reflecting the weather and place of Jackson, Mississippi (where the book is set); so I went for the hand-drawn approach and dug out the old colour pencils!


I researched and surrounded the words of the quote with various objects relevant to the text so anyone who has read or watched the book/film can get something from it.

So thats one book quote that I have been working on, I am hoping to get it printed soon, but for now here is a sneak peak of the finished thing:


I have lots more things to talk about, so watch this space over the next week or so! Meanwhile, my Etsy shop still lives if anyone fancies perusing a selection of geeky cards and prints. PLUG! Yes, so there we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment