Saturday, August 22

Computing Animations (storyboarding)

A few months ago, in the old Splinter Design, I storyboarded a small number of animations to be featured on the BBC Bitesize website. These animations aim to teach children learning at Key Stage 2 the basic principles of computer science.
I worked with Splinter's Head of Digital to storyboard 5 animations, each featuring a fun animal character with no clue about computer science! The viewer gets to watch the animals go through various "learning journeys" to try and learn more about the subject.
Here are a few shots of my storyboarding - this was a different way of storyboarding for me, as I just drew one large illustration which the camera panned down as the animation progressed. It was a fun way to do it for a change and definitely helped us focus on achieving a smooth flow to each animation!


And heres a little summary showreel I cobbled together for all of the animations:

BBC Computing Animations from Splinter Design on Vimeo.


So there we go, I really enjoyed working on these, as they were so different from storyboards I have worked on before.

No comments:

Post a Comment