Monday, April 4

Step Aside, Pops by Kate Beaton

I treated myself to the latest Kate Beaton collection the other day.


And it doesn't disappoint!
I dipped in and out of the book all over the weekend and finished it last night.
My particular favourite strips were the Strong Female Characters, Wuthering Heights, Muscle-y Cinderella and the Straw Feminists - although all the shorts gave me a good chuckle.

Strong Female Characters
Close-up of a Wuthering Heights strip
The Tale of a Muscle-y Cinderella
Cinderella and the Prince working out together
The Straw Feminists

As I have probably mentioned before, I love Beaton's facial expressions and body postures. She has a lovely loose style which makes achieving these expressions look effortless and adds to the humour of a strip. Mixing comic quips with famous historic events or literary works is a stroke of genius and I think Kate Beaton books should be introduced to the school curriculum! I can only imagine how much more fun history and english would have been having a few of Beaton's strips dotted throughout a textbook!

So, to get straight to the point, another great Hark! A Vagrant Collection from Kate Beaton! You should go get it, it would look awesome on your book shelf and is actually a great read too! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment