Monday, September 7

Recent Work

Just a few things that I've been working on, to show that I haven't been a complete lazy cow the past few months and eating at Wagamama and any opportunity (man, I love that place)



This was something that I designed for a company called NYAS. The game board was already drawn out on cloth, but it needed to be put into Illustrator so it could be printed off professionally and such; so I did that.


And this is a picture I drew for my friend Emily, who has gone off travelling to New Zealand for 2 months! (She so brave!) So I thought I'd paint her this, but considering all I really know about New Zealand is that Lord of the Rings was shot there, well, yeah, I had fun drawing hobbits and elves! Painted with watercolours! Took about 3-4 days from concept to finished piece.


And this isn't really recent as such, but anyhoos. I drew this because I got really angry when I was in my pubbington one day, and I was at the jukebox choosing some amazing riffs; but there was this gang of young persons, all in their cool get up and such; totally judging me and guessing what I'd pick, and one of them loudly said "Coldplay, definitely Coldplay!"
And this angered me.
Not because I dislike Coldplay. I don't mind their songs. They're nice. 'Yellow' obviously being a great song. 'Viva la Vida' not being such a great song. ANYWAY, the point is, I dislike being judged by physical appearance what sort of music I am into. I am into much music. I love all sorts. So as punishment, me and my friend Anthony chose 'Phantom of the Opera' (which is a killer song to sing when you're drinking by the way) and then left the establishment in PURE DISGUST at young people today (well, okay, I left in disgust, Anthony left mildly amused...)
But yes, heres my crappy picture I did. I wouldn't mind doing it a bit better, and also drawing a series of them involving different people and different bands. So yar. Maybe one day that idea will be a reality.
So there ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment