Thursday, May 12

Arson Around...

Hello hello! Has been a productive few weeks. I sent my little baby portfolios off into the big wide world last Saturday to be seen by companies I had researched. I've had a couple of responses, and although none of them haven't any vacancies, most of them have been really friendly and helpful! Which is nice!

I've also been working on packaging for the Domestic Violence DVD for the Ariel Trust (now named Face up [to abuse]), which has been experience as I've not really professionally designed packaging before. Sure I've whipped together CD labels/covers for friend's mix CD's and such, but it didn't matter then if they were rubbish, they kind of need to look good if people are gonna buy the resource!
I'm kind of proud of it...

I've been asked to undertake another project with the Ariel Trust, which is exciting! I'm currently drafting out some possible 'looks' for the resource...I'm not sure if they'll like them. The Ariel wants it to be hard hitting but because its for primary school children (10-11 year olds), it has to be subtle too; which is a difficult combination to work with. I've decided I can't really go for the cartoon-y style that I employed in the Domestic Violence DVD, as I feel that might look a bit childish for the subject that is being tackled. (Its teaching kids approaching secondary school about the people you will meet and falling into the wrong crowd and the gruesome (in this example it is) results of this - I always deal with such lovely topics. One day I hope I can make a resource about animals in the rainforest or something!)
So I'm a bit out of my comfort zone, as I do like a hand-drawn sort of stylee-o. But shall spend the rest of the afternoon exploring drawing characters in biro and such...maybe.

And finally, I've done some brainstorming for the D & AD graduate design programme and E4 stings competitions. I'm gonna have to get my bum into gear over D&AD, as the deadline is the 27th!! I will hopefully be in the mood to do stuff over the weekends!

Anyway, that is all for my update! Adieu! Au revoir and all that jazz!

No comments:

Post a Comment