Wednesday, May 18

Oh the bums of it all

Hello!
I started contacting clients on Monday (those who hadn't responded) about my mini portfolio. I've had a few replies, and everyone has been really friendly and encouraging, but unfortunately don't have any vacancies at the moment. I think I should have prepared myself more so for this response, as I think I was too busy just sending things out and junk; so now I'm starting to find the whole thing a tad depressing…
Oh wello. If this doesn't work out, it will be off to find any old job for me; and my blog and website will become a hobby type thing. I graduated from uni nearly 2 years ago now, and to still not be in permanent employment…well, its a bit crappy to say the least. I'm tired of it. I feel like my enthusiasm for animation/graphics has depleted since university, and now I just want a job.

Anyhoo, I'm working on editing some stuff together for my friend Jen for an exhibition coming up. Unfortunately the topic is the AV referendum, and I am not the most enthusiastic person about politics…I find the whole subject pretty dull and beyond my control, so why waste precious brain power getting annoyed about it?
But the idea Jen has for it does make it a lot more interesting! I'm just not sure if my contribution to it will be any good because I'm not very clever whenst it comes to the world of politics (or maths…or geography…or physics)
Plus I've only made a 2-minute video and After Effects is taking two billion years to export it…

I think the nice weather needs to come back…I feel it will cheer me up…

No comments:

Post a Comment