Saturday, September 22

Be Hospitable - Opening night!

Heeeeeeeeey! 'Be Hospitable' opened last night! And it was awesome! Do you want to see some photos? HERES SOME PHOTOS!!

The swanky flyer for the show:


I really liked this wall of postcards - were guests were encouraged to take one for themselves. A lovely idea and a nice selection of designs to choose from! (Which are all themed on hospitality).
(Psst psst, me and my boyfriend slightly helped in putting up the postcards a few days before the show! FACT!)


One of my favourite pieces! Its an interpretation of a popular dish in Germany called Currywurst - and its made out of towels! Its pretty cool, and the chips look so tasty!

The word 'welcome' created out of pins.

A piece done by a suave illustrator whom I've had the pleasure to work with at Splinter Design called Stephen Chan! You can check out more of his amazing work at his website OVER HERE!


Heres a collection of some of the work - and thats mine peeping out at the bottom of the photo!

Wa-hey! There it is! The second piece I've created themed around the Channel 4 show 'Come Dine with Me'! (You may have seen my first piece a couple of years ago which was for my boyfriend's birthday) In this piece I was trying to explore rudeness/a guest's true opinion of their host's hospitality; and I think 'Come Dine with Me' shows a great cross section of what a mix of people are thinking... so I thought, 'Yeah, I'll do that!' So it was done!

This was another of my favourite pieces in the show - it was a piece of actual collage and it was made by a lady named Amy Husband. She illustrates children's books and I remember seeing her work about 5 or so years ago at the JMU degree show (it was this particular degree show that swayed me to choose JMU as my uni as I loved all the work I saw there!) and you can see her work by heading on over to her website: Amy Husband's website.


Another great piece by one of the exhibition's curators (one of the members of The Souvenir Collective) Marie Jones! Guests were encouraged to send some Fan or Hate mail to a loved one (using the unique postcards provided) Who doesn't love some voluntary interactivity at an exhibition? Hmmm? Now go look at Marie's work at Kochi Kochi!


Heres some coolio wall art that was created especially for the show, made by faunagraphic

And heres just a few more awesome pieces that you can see if you head on down to the show!





See? See? Its awesome! I thoroughly recommend that you go see it! Right now! Or when you've got time or whatever!
'Be Hospitable' is on at the Camp and Furnace (which is located on Greenland Street, about a 15 minute walk from Liverpool city centre) and its going to be on until the 29th September, so go get your bum bums up there!
(The Camp and Furnace is a very nice bar/exhibition space where you can get a drink and choose from a range of very suave meals to put your face into as well!)
Now fly my pretties! Fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment