Saturday, September 1

Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook

Happy 1st September! I bought this thoroughly awesome book a couple of months ago called 'The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook' - you can drool at the pages on Amazon here: The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook on Amazon. (And I dare you not to buy it!)

Apart from there being ten billion amazing recipes in it (that teach you to make egg-free cookie dough - so you can chomp on it all day long!), I thought the design of it was pretty nice too, hence I'm here to share my photos!


This cookbook was composed by Lindsay Landis and designed by a company called Sugar (making them pretty difficult to hunt down on the internet!)





I think the photography is pretty amazing for this book and gets my saliva flowing at an exponential rate. I think the light pastel colours work well and I like the use of hand-written type used with the more sophisticated typeface used in the photo above. The layout is simple but not boring (thanks to the full page photos mixed with the typefaces and colours.)

One of the first recipes I tried out of the book was one of Landis' most popular - Cookie Dough Truffles! And man oh man, they are ADDICTIVE!




I made some milk chocolate truffles with regular cookie dough in them and then some white chocolate truffles with a chocolate cookie dough in them. My personal favourite was the white chocolate truffles but thats cause I love a bit of white chocolate!
They were easy and quick to make - the only trouble I had was coating the dough balls in chocolate and thats cause I didn't have the proper equipment to do it! The instructions were easy to follow - the measurements use American quantities (such as a cup of sugar etc); but there is a helpful conversion of measurements at the front of the book to help those who want to be more specific!

All in all, lovely design and delectable recipes - definitely a great present for a friend or for yourself!

….And now I'm hungry...

No comments:

Post a Comment