Sunday, September 16

The first story I wrote...

Its Sunday, I've just baked two batches of biscuits and I'm watching Come Dine with Me - so its time for another blog post! Whoopee!

I clambered into the attic yesterday to root out a story I wrote when I was a wee child (about 9 years old). It is an account of a family holiday to Tenerife, and I thought I would share some of the amazing illustrations accompanying the one-page chapters of my book! So here goes…


My brother was kind enough to bind my book for me and make a snazzy front cover!







Its funny looking back at drawings you did as a kid, I always thought I did perfect colouring in and that I was being good drawing each individual finger on person's hand!



And this is how I saw myself as a kid! Wowzer!


And here is a couple of extra pictures I found - the following was supposed to be in the style of those painted plates you can get (to go on your wall and such) and it was of one of our pet dogs! (I loved them to pieces!)


I also went to a pretty religious school, and we got a piece of work once were we had to illustrate each stage of Jesus' crucifixion (gritty stuff!), so heres a couple of my interpretations (I particularly remember feeling like I was experiencing an "art funk" when doing this piece of work!)



So there we have it! Whats especially strange is if you look at any bits of my hand writing in any of these pictures I can say that it has not changed much now that I'm 25! Eeep!

To end the blog post here is just a couple of pluggy plugs! Splinter Design (the place I work!) has designed the new Kin website - a place for the creative people of Liverpool to post their work, be discovered by clients and generally just mingle and meet other like-minded people! And the website was officially launched this week just gone, and I highly recommend that people go check it out cause its pretty darn awesome! Go here to see it and sign up!---> kin2kin.co.uk

And also, the 'Be Hospitable' exhibition I have been mentioning the past few blog posts is approaching ever nearer and opens this Thursday at 5.30pm at the Camp & Furnace! And all are welcome to come and enjoy it! Woo! So come on down on Thursday to see some amazing work for the Liverpool Biennial. You can check out the 'Be Hospitable' website here: Be Hospitable

No comments:

Post a Comment